OPEN RESEARCH EUROPE (ORE) is an open publishing platform for researchers created within the Horizon 2020 program. Its main goal is to offer researchers the opportunity to share their results rapidly, free and in a constructive way.
All researchers involved in projects or grants of Horizon 2020 are eligible to publish. The only requirement is that the results have not been published before and are not being considered elsewhere. In this sense, all the participants in the FASTER project, as it is included in the Horizon 2020 program, could use this platform to publish in English their studies to disseminate even further their solutions and innovation regarding climate adaptation. This is a great opportunity to expand FASTER’s research excellence and share it around the world.
With this program, the European Commission expects to serve as a global leader in scientific cooperation and contribute towards the cost-effectiveness of scientific publishing. Open Research Europe includes all commonly-known services of scholarly publishing such as preprint, peer review process or license assignment.
How does it work?
The key advantages are the following:
- Among the advantages of publishing is the freedom of the authors to choose what they would like to publish without editors pressure.
- It offers rapid publication, a rigorous and transparent open peer-review to help authors improve their research. Also, all version of an article is linked and independently citable.
- The publication fees are centrally paid by the European Commission.
- All articles will appear in Google Scholar, and if the article has passed peer review (receiving at least two approved peer reviews) it will be indexed in PubMed and other bibliographic databases.
- ORE articles are published under a CC-BY license that permits unrestricted use, distribution and reproduction in any medium.
Do not hesitate to upload your research papers to spread awareness of climate adaptation and sustainable agricultural practices. Get more information on the official Open Research Europe platform website or its social media accounts:
Subscribe to our Newsletter to stay informed about the activities carried out by the project.