Bringing stakeholders together to shape future research and innovation policy
From the 22nd to the 24th of September 2020, the online European Research and Innovation Days took place. This is an annual event organised by the European Commission to bring together policymakers, researchers, entrepreneurs, and the public to debate and shape the future of research and innovation in Europe and beyond.
Ines Nsiri and Sana Bouguerra, from INRGREF, participated in the event broadening FASTER’s horizon and knowledge in research excellence. For instance, creating connections between cutting-edge scientific research and the most pressing challenges of a generation.
This event represents a huge opportunity to enact real change because:
- The event brings together individuals and experts from all areas to build connections between them.
- Through interactive sessions, participants are allowed to provide input on how research and innovation policy and funding can help pave the way to a green, digital, and resilient future.
- It’s a unique chance to discuss how research and innovation will benefit the future of Europe just ahead of the 2021 launch of Horizon Europe.
The Policy Conference was the core of the European Research and Innovation Days. It was divided into 10 hubs, each one of them covering a central theme in EU research and innovation policy:
- Green Deal,
- A Europe fit for the digital age,
- Horizon Europe,
- European Research Council,
- EU missions,
- Smart implementations and synergies,
- International cooperation,
- European Innovation Council,
- European Institute of innovation and technology.
Moreover, many other sessions put the focus on different aspects of the environmental issue, generating synergies that paved the way to the development of joint solutions to tackle the challenges.
FASTER believes in the importance of such events that promote cooperation towards a brighter future. That’s why it will keep participating in contributing with insights as well as to enrich from the other participating stakeholders. Change begins with one step, and this event was one step more towards a better future.
Subscribe to our Newsletter to stay informed about the activities carried out by the project.