The European Commission launched on May 18th a Communication on the Global Approach to Research and Innovation titled “Europe’s strategy for international cooperation in a changing world”. Stripped down to its essentials, the document underpins the guidelines ought to be considered by both the European Institutions and the Member States in order to efficiently toil hand by hand with third countries in the field of Research and Innovation.
The communication has a global and strategic purpose, and it confirms the crucial interest of the EU on R & D. The aim of the strategy is to make R & D a cornerstone of EU foreign development action while increasing EU reliability worldwide. In this sense, the document defines the principles, the goals, and the financial tools that will be set up European R& D practices during the Horizon Europe 2021-2027:
- Reaffirming EU commitment to lead openness in international research and innovation cooperation.
- Promoting a level playing field among the EU Member States and third countries.
- Strengthening the EU´s example in green, digital, health, social and innovation challenges.
In addition, the European Commission recommends two channels to implement the guidelines:
- An EU bilateral cooperation.
- The combined action of the EU, financial institutions and the Member States.
Throughout the strategy, the European Union expressed its commitment to creating an open frame of common sharing expertise between countries in order to achieve development goals and prosperity with our partners.
Subscribe to our Newsletter to stay informed about the activities carried out by the project.