FASTER will participate in the 3rd Euro-Mediterranean Conference for Environmental Integration (EMCEI-2021) and host its 2nd brokerage event in a special session titled “Living Labs as a tool for facing Climate Change effects on Water, Soil and Forestry resources“.
The EMCEI conference will be held in Tunisia from June 10th to 13th to support research and innovation, promote scientific knowledge exchange, and foster collaboration among Euro-Mediterranean communities.
In line with the conference’s objectives, FASTER is launching a call for abstracts in “Climate change adaptation in water, soil, and forestry in Tunisia“. The authors of accepted abstracts will have the opportunity to showcase their studies orally in the special FASTER branded session.
About FASTER Special Session
The session Living Labs as a tool for facing Climate Change effects on Water, Soil and Forestry resources will start with a presentation of the FASTER project and its Living Lab in North-West Tunisia, a form of open innovation designed to enhance cooperation between multiple actors sharing the same stake, such as researchers, public administration, farmers and FAS agents and practitioners.
Successively, roundtables with high-level experts and stakeholders engaged in the fields and working on Living Labs will allow us to further explore the barriers and opportunities ahead for promoting open innovation in Tunisia. In conclusion, an open debate with participants will also identify ways to promote adaptation in water, soil, and forestry in the Tunisian context and allow networking between relevant stakeholders active in the field.
Afterwards, the authors of selected papers will present their work, and their abstracts will be considered for publication in topical collections of the Euro-Mediterranean Journal for Environmental Integration.
The FASTER consortium encourages you to present your work to have the opportunity to demonstrate your excellence in research and strengthen your national and international network.
How to prepare and submit your abstract?
- Abstracts (max. 500 words)
- Deadline for submissions: March 10th 2021
- Language: English.
- Figures and tables are not acceptable in the abstract.
- Access Submission form
- When submitting the abstract, select FASTER session Track 14. Special Session: Climate change adaptation in water, soil, and forestry in Tunisia
What happens after my abstract is submitted?
- All abstracts will be evaluated by the track chairs and members of the Scientific Committee.
- Authors of accepted abstracts will present their studies orally during the EMCEI congress (a PPT presentation of 12 min or an e-Poster presentation of 7 min on a large HD screen) in-person or virtually (a PPT presentation of 12 min).
- The congress will invite the authors of accepted abstracts to extend their work for peer-review to be published in Springer.
- Templates for the PPT and e-Poster presentations will be sent to the authors after notification of acceptance (April 10th 2021).
- Deadline registration: April 20th 2021. At least one author of each accepted abstract must register. Link to register
You can find more information on the author guidelines on the conference website.
Subscribe to our Newsletter to stay informed about the activities carried out by the project.